Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted

If you find yourself balking at God's instructions in your life, it is an indication of the importance you place on God and His will.

This is from our new Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer: Jonah Navigating a Life Interrupted.

I have just finished the first day of week one and already I can see how I need this lesson. I need to focus on what God wants for me and not what I want for me. To complete this days lesson she asks you to write your top three goals in your life that you have not accomplished and then she asks you to think if you place more importance on these goals or on God and His purposes for you and will you yield them to Him if He asks you to. Oh boy, oh buddy. Its getting deep already. I need this study, but I think it is gonna be a painful one.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh yeah. I can see how it's a valuable lesson--and a painful awakening.
I'm thinking we don't get brought to it if we ain't got what we 'need' to get through it. So I'm reminded on a daily basis. ;-)