Tuesday, January 17, 2012

All Moved In and Time to Settle

We are all moved in and connected to all the stuff you need to be connected to these days. We are learning our new home with gladness. I can not tell you how happy I am to be able to do laundry when I need to and not have to worry about anyone else needing the machines. It also makes me smile to make dinner for the hubby every night in our kitchen. This is not a rented kitchen this one is all mine. The dogs are settling in nicely. Mr. Diesel is improving majorly in the potty training department. Usually now if he has an accident it is my fault for not paying attention to him, because he does tell us when he needs out. We are enjoying being alone and in the silence again. Our little house came with no floors or appliances for the kitchen. So we decided to stain the concrete. I was amazed at how well it turned out. I love it. The only drawback is you definitely have to sweep everyday and mop every other. What a housekeeper I am becoming. HA HA HA. We borrowed a fridge from hubby's sister. We bought a stove which I am very grateful to have. There is still a hole in the kitchen where the dishwasher goes, but for now I use my hands. That hole is Diesel's favorite spot to lay.
It really is a blessing just to be able to sit in silence,to think, to pray, and to be still knowing HE is God.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh, I remember the dreaded laundromat--and I'm so grateful I don't have to do that today.

Congratulations to you and yours! And I like the solution of staining the concrete. We're about to do that with the basement come spring. It makes much more sense than carpeting with our hobby making activities!

Woohoooo....your own kitchen!! :-)