Saturday, April 07, 2012

A Great Stay-cation, and Life Returns with a Vengeance

Hubby was on vacation last week. We did not go anywhere, but we enjoyed our time together around the house and Mom was here. We did go fishing. Hubby's choice. He got us up at the crack of dawn, 4:00 am to be exact. Mom and I manged to get our rears out of the house when hubby wanted to leave our house by, 5:00 am. That never happens. We had fun. Poor hubby though, Mom and I will not bait nor unhook our line so lots of work for him. Mom and I out fished him for most of the morning. But he caught up and then passed us. We ended up catching 22 fish between the 3 of us. Since Hubby does not eat fish and I have no desire to clean or cook it, we just released anything we caught. That kinda made some of the people around us mad. We had a picnic lunch down by the water. It was a beautiful day. Then, we drove around the lake showing my our favorite spots in the park. Yes, that is my mother standing up in the back seat of our car. What you can not see is me sitting on the passenger side door. Hubby was only going 10 mph. We  had a blast.







This posted really started out negatively. I was trying to count my blessing, but even those had some negative thoughts in them. But retelling our trip to Cedar Hill State Park has lifted my worried heart. Yesterday, at work hubby hurt his ankle. He has a stage 2 sprain. I had no idea sprains had stages!! He is on light duty and can not run the routes by himself. He can not drive the trucks because his left ankle foot is his shifting food, plus he can not push and pull on the cabinets that they deliver to the stores. His boss is being great about and let hubby "retrain" the guy who got hurt the 4th day he worked and has been out for 6 weeks. Tonight he has to train a temp driver so it is all good there. He called me earlier and told me our car had just died.  He was at a stop light and the car just died,and would not restart. Luckily his Mom has a car we can borrow till we can get ours fixed. But she really does not like me to drive her car. Plus her car uses lots more gas than ours does. Hubby also just filled our car up well, not totally up, he put in $40. Which at this point it takes at least $50 to fill it up all the way.


19. We have car a to use while ours is dead.
20. Hubby was not hurt as bad as he thought he was.
21. We have insurance that pays for a tow truck!!!Yay!!
22. Had an awesome week while Hubby was on vacation.
23. Hubby can still work
24. Medicine to make mosquito bites not itch anymore

1 comment:

Mel said...

Awwwwwww...thank you so much for your kindness--and blessings to you and yours! Mom looks pretty darned pleased to be along for the ride. And I'm not surprised you were catching and releasing and agitating the rest of the fishermen. LOL Me too! We don't keep one--that's just how we do it!

I'll say prayers for a speedy recovery...and I'll be grateful for those things you mentioned as well.